The International Church has roots in Charleston dating back to 1927. From our humble beginnings of meeting in a tent in downtown Charleston on Tracey Street to our current site West of the Ashley, International Church has been part of the spirit filled community in Charleston for nearly a century. While we are proud of our heritage, we are not resting on our laurels of our past, rather we have a vision for the future that will impact our city for generations to come.
Pastor Stafford J.P. Floyd actually grew up in the church he now pastors.
Following his graduation in 1981 from the Occupational Therapy Program at MUSC, he and his wife, Pam, lived and worked in Columbus, GA for just over five years. He returned in 1986 to what was then West Ashley Church of God to serve as a youth pastor. He developed a dynamic youth ministry known as Fire Power, which ministered locally, throughout the Southeast, and even abroad through missions work. After 12 years of faithful service, he became the lead pastor on February 1, 1998. The church has undergone radical changes under his leadership. He and his wife Pam are down-to-earth, loving people who have a passion for God and His expanding Kingdom.